- Use of Personal Information
- Gathering Personal Information
- Disclosure of Information
- Permission Based Email Marketing
- Our Commitment to Privacy
At Assured Software, we only gather personally identifiable information necessary to conduct our business, for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you and provide you with ongoing service
- To contact interested parties about special promotions, events and product releases
- To keep interested parties up to date on industry trends
- To track the effectiveness of our marketing programs
- To assist us in understanding the needs of current and prospective customers or partners
- To provide products and services to you (which may involve processing your order, invoicing and processing payment, and providing new product versions and updates);
- To provide information on our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To verify your identity for the purpose of obtaining access to our products and services (for instance, customer or partner portal);
- To contact you, when necessary, regarding issues concerning your use of our products and services;
- To obtain information about your use of our products and services, potentially through a survey to better understand your needs, as input to future product development plans;
- To gather general aggregate information based on IP addresses to track information about our web site usage (such as, the number of visitors, frequently viewed pages, number of downloads, etc.);
- To make it easier for you to use our web site (for instance, if you have access to password protected areas of our website, we will store a security token in cookies so that you will not need to re-enter your password to log on); and the information may be legally required.
We will identify the purposes for which the personal information is collected at or before the time that the personal information is gathered from you. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent. Please note that when contacting interested parties, it is Assured Software’s policy to provide a means of being removed from our database.
There are two (2) ways that Assured Software may gather personal information:
- Information you give us: At Assured Software’s request or on your own, you may complete a form (electronic or other formats) that includes personal information. Examples of these forms include online Assured Software Registration, a feedback survey, and through use of targeted marketing programs such as tradeshows and direct mail.
- Information that is collected automatically: Assured Software may automatically collect certain personal information when you interact with our websites in a web browser. For example, log files record basic system information. Sample automatic information includes: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, passwords, email addresses, and computer and connection information (i.e. browser type and version, operating system and platform, and the full URL clickstream to, through, and from our website). This information cannot be traced back to a specific individual.
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. Assured Software conducts surveys, either on-line or via telephone, fax or mail. These surveys will ask you to voluntarily update your profile in our database and /or provide us with additional demographic information. This information is used internally to enhance our product offering and customer service capabilities, and is not shared with third parties. However, a summary of this information, which indicates user trends as a whole, may be shared with third parties such as strategic partners.
Spam is unsolicited email, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups. In short, spam is “junk email”. We recognize an email as “spam” if:
- It is sent to a recipient with whom the initiator does not have an existing business relationship
- The recipient is unable to easily unsubscribe from the email list
Assured Software permits ONLY permission-based marketing practices. We practice the use of “opt-in, opt-out” email for our marketing transmissions.
Opt-in email is a web-marketing term for promotional email that recipients have previously requested. Typically web users are invited to sign up for information and updates about Assured Software. Those who have signed up have thus “opted-in”.
Opt-out email is a web marketing term for promotional email that recipients have not previously requested by signing up. For our email distributions, the contact’s email address must have been provided to Assured Software by that individual via the Assured Software website, a conference, or a tradeshow. Individuals who have willingly given Assured Software their contact information via these methods are automatically added to email distribution lists that benefit the individual. Although the individual is added to the email distribution list on the concept of opt-out, the individual is ALWAYS given the opportunity to easily unsubscribe – without being hassled.
Third Party Permission-Based Lists On occasion, Assured Software may use third party lists to send communications Assured Software’s software and services. These lists are maintained by third parties whose users are eligible under applicable law to receive emails from other companies such as Assured Software. When we use such lists, the communications will include mechanisms to opt-out of Assured Software marketing communications. If you have trouble opting-out, or if you wish to make us aware of any issues related to a third-party mailing, you may contact us.
We take all of the necessary precautions to ensure the safeguarding of your information, whether it is stored electronically or in paper format. In all cases, information is retained in secure facilities, protected from unauthorized access and kept only as long as is reasonably required. Upon request by you, Assured Software will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information, and request to have it amended as appropriate.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, you can contact us at 1-877-277-9933, or via email at info [at] assuredsoftware.com, and we will assist you in resolving the situation, Assured Software reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
You may also contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (for international matters and inter-provincial matters) or the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia Privacy Commissioner (for British Columbian matters).
Use of Materials
This site is owned and operated by Assured Software Limited (referred to as “Assured Software”, “we”, “us”, or “our” herein). No material from the site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posed, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your non-commercial use only, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Assured Software copyright and other proprietary rights. The use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited. Except as otherwise indicated on this site and except for the trademarks, service marks and trade names of other companies that are displayed on this site, all trademarks, service marks and trade names are property of Assured Software.
In the event that you download any software from the site, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the “Software”) are non-exclusively licensed to you by Assured Software. Assured Software does not transfer title to the Software to you. Assured Software retains full and complete title to the Software, and all intellectual property rights therein. You may not redistribute, sell, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
Assured Software Limited (Assured Software) shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from your access to, or inability to access, this site, or your reliance on any information provided at this site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Assured Software does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Assured Software does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not Assured Software) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Assured Software be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this site, even if Assured Software or a Assured Software authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall Assured Software have any liability to you for damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), or otherwise) for accessing this site.
All claims, disputes or disagreements which may arise out of the interpretation, performance or in any way relating to your use of this site and any and all other Assured Software site(s), shall be submitted exclusively to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of British Columbia.
Assured Software also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
Assured Software may use anything you transmit or post for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting.
Please submit any questions or comments to info [at] assuredsoftware.com